Thursday, December 25, 2014

Italian Gem on the Upper East Side

Most New Yorkers can understand that you can truly get lost wondering the beautiful streets of the city. A few years ago as I was walking the streets of the Upper East side I found this little Italian gem restaurant. A tiny store front serving unforgettable food and coffee - Via Quadronno.


They don't serve fancy food rather super simple dishes that feature fresh delicious ingredients. This is my favorite kind of food it does not need to pretend to be something other then what it is.


One of my favorite dishes is penne marinara with fresh basil. So simple and so good!


Another of my favorites is the sensational caprese salad - silky mozzarella, flavorful tomatoes, and crisp basil! I always add salt, pepper, and oil it is amazing.


They are also known for their fabulous coffee as well. My favorite is a cappuccino whether day or not I always order this delight. They are true artists always branding the foam with something fun - this time of year it a Christmas tree.


Of course who could forget dessert! Via's amazing tiramisu is so creamy and rich, the perfect ending to anything you order.

This restaurant is a must! If you go once trust me you will be back again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment